Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ghoul/Zombie lord

Standing 2 heads taller than most of my miniatures this 35mm zombie mini from Reaper had very few areas of use. Until I figured out he could be a zombified "Giant" or something like that. "Bosses" in games tend to be larger and stronger than their minions anyway. Though I'm still bummed out about the blister being so oversized. The two other zombies are completely useless to me....

I really like the model though, and the funny detail he has a teddybear in his pocket. I painted him in bright colors because that felt right for some reason. Figured he was an excentric fellow before he bit the dust and was raised  from the dead.

.........................
On a more positive note, my friend Calle dropped by real quick today to drop off the ESLO buildings I bought from him to really speed things up for my "horror game" project. 6 buildings all in all, enough to make a village. Some of the buildings look good as they are, I will make some touch ups on a couple and repaint one. I will also fix the "bright green" bases so that they will work with my new gameboard which is being made.

I did receive 2 out of 3 cans of "fine turf" from Maelstrom Games last week so I've been cathing up on a lot of my WIP terrain pieces. I will start posting all the new cool stuff on Monday. Still need to buy some paint so I can fix the roads I got from my other friend Thomas.

The project is really coming along quite well not and I  can't wait to have everything ready. This will greatly improve the visual appeal of my games and battle reports - and will serve as a great draw in during conventions and game days.

Oh, and my godawul cold is letting go, meaning I will be able to bust my ass working on some terrain during monday as well before I start working on my upcoming exam.

I've also been harassing West Wind about Empire of the Dead but it does seem to take longer than expected. If the demo rules/complete rulebook gets released before Sydcon (last weekend in October) it will be a close call. My backup game for Sydcon is Strange Aeons, so regardless of what happens there will be some sort of horror game demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment