Thursday, September 29, 2011

Speed freaks

Blogged before about sports quizzers. Don't really mind them except they get a little specialized for me. Maybe sports trivia really is an acquired taste.

But Speed Channel is all about motor sports, so they don't much care about my quibbles. They've ordered twenty episodes of a new game show called Pumped, described as "an ambush-style quiz show set at gas stations where customers will compete for a cash prize by answering automotive and pop culture questions."

Ambushed by an automobile quizzer? Sounds like a game that would leave me for road kill. All I know about cars is how to drive them. And I'm not particularly good at it.

Speed has also ordered new eps of its long-running game show Pass Time, where contestants guess how long it will take for a car to run a quarter-mile. Nice simple premise, only I'd be pretty helpless at it, too. I'm just not a car guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment