Sunday, October 30, 2011

Speed improvement on the blog?

Let me know if you think the blog loads faster. Got an email from a reader, Scott S. who provided me with a jpeg version of my background picture. Can't believe I had run with the png 4mb version for over a year without thinking about it (though I do have a fast broadband connection).

Anyway, the new picture is but a fraction of the original size so the page should load faster. If so let me know. I'm also looking into how to stretch the background to make it a single picture instead of a "tiled format" and make it scroll along with the page as  the current look has been bugging me a lot. But I'm a complete CSS noob which makes finding the parameters and apply the tweaks so that it will work for all browsers hard for me.

Anyways, thanks for the smaller sized version of my background Scott :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment