Friday, February 17, 2012

Burning my GW and Chessex dice

Short backstory, I've been using the exact same set of dice since I started with Warhammer 40k sometime back in 2003. These dice followed me from Warhammer 40k to Warhammer Fantasy, Secrets of the Third Reich and every other game I have started with since and that requires a D6 to generate results. These dice have been beyond worthless, ruined countless games for me most recently games of Flames of War where any roll failed to even get close to 5's and 6's as witnessed by all the players present. As you can see these dice have their shitty egg shaped rounded corners which make them biased towards certain results rather than providing a decent randomness in the results.

As I today, and praise whatever higher power there is, received my "Koplow" dice I fulfilled a promise to myself. I simply burned those fucking GW dice - and filmed it for my own pleasure.

The Koplow dice don't have 100% straight corners, but compare them to the shape of the Chessex/GW dice - it's insane. I also want to thank "thediceshop" for actually coming through on their deliver time description on their site. Especially since I was planning on using these new dice during the Flames of War tournament tomorrow. I don't think I would have handled one more ruined gaming experience.
Having spent an hour rolling my new dice I am happy to say they provide a LOT more randomness in the results. Well, now maybe all tactics utilized in upcoming games won't be screwed thanks to predictable low rolls.


No comments:

Post a Comment