Monday, February 27, 2012

Way off-topic

I don't spend all my time watching game shows. Another of my guilty pleasures - appropriate term - is Investigation Discovery. The true crime channel creeps me out sometimes, though.

Especially a show called Disappeared, about people who go missing and often meet bad fates. The show almost never has a happy ending. Either the missing person gets murdered or is never found.

Happened to be watching a Disappeared rerun today about a Utah man named Steven Koecher. He went missing in 2009 under completely unexplained circumstances, and his family has been desperately looking for him ever since.

I found myself flipping over to game shows just to get away from the story. GSN was showing Richard Karn's Family Feud, and the CBS affiliate in my area was running Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. At least on game shows nobody gets killed and there are no distraught families. And the shows always end with a resolution.

There was no resolution in the Koecher case. He's still missing, and it's not a game show.

No comments:

Post a Comment