Thursday, February 23, 2012

Four dealing seasons

Wayne Brady just tweeted what had been rumored in an interview mentioned in the faux tweets. Let's Make a Deal will return for a fourth season.

I'm happy for Wayne and company, though I'm frankly not a particular fan of the show. I never even liked the classic Monty Hall version that much. Though I do get a kick out of the Monty Hall problem. It's got to be the most commonly known mathematical problem with a wildly counterintuitive answer.

The Wayne Brady version has never been a big winner in the ratings. But it's dirt-cheap compared to soap operas, which are becoming an endangered species thanks to their relatively high costs. So Wayne rolls on.

I'd like to think that some network daytime execs would learn a lesson here. There are a lot of decent game show formats that could probably do as well as Let's Make a Deal, if not better. And they really don't cost a lot. Not to mention any names...PYRAMID!!

No comments:

Post a Comment