Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Something of a makeover

Tweaked the appearance of the blog yesterday, I was just tired of looking at that wasted space on the left side and having that huge column of content on the right. Another thing that had annoyed me greatly for a long while was the tiled background, last night I finally tracked down the two codes needed to stretch the background picture and fixed that as well.I will still have to do something about the header picture to make it match the new stretched background though.

The changes are obviously the implementation of a second column to the left. I made sure that the columns retained their width so that no previous posts would be messed up. The categories are now displayed at the very top of the blog. The blog archive which was humongous had to be be remade into a dropdown menu and is now located near the search function on the left side.

I also added a blog roll, something I've been meaning to do for a while. It displays the 10 latest posts from blogs that I myself follow.

Let me know what you guys think. If something is hard to see or find, let me know. The idea of this was to make the blog a bit less choked and cut down the scrolling time in order to find stuff on the sidebars.

No comments:

Post a Comment