Saturday, April 28, 2012

Last rites

Don't want to beat a decomposed horse. But just to wrap up the thread on the GSN board about my various crimes and misdemeanors against classic game shows...

The more strident posters have accused me of cowardice, obnoxiousness and "knowing that I'm wrong" about the tendencies of the GSN board when it comes to pre-1990 game shows. The less strident posters have agreed with the indictment of yours truly but said we should let just the subject rest. Which I'm certainly happy to do on the board itself.

But this is my blog, and here I can write what I want. And I honestly don't understand how anybody can deny the truth of what I said in my original post on Harvey Feud. If GSN suddenly leased hundreds of new episodes (in terms of recent network use) of pre-1990 shows and gave them many more timeslots on the schedule, the GSN board would go bonkers with joy.

I'm not saying that's terrible, or even very noteworthy. It's just a fact, given the preponderance of classics fans on the board. It's exactly what did happen when GSN recently leased hundreds of new eps of Super Password and Password Plus and gave them twenty slots per week.

When other posters on the board haven't merely dismissed me as stupid or wrong, they've argued that sometimes the GSN board has been generally happy about the network leasing newer shows. Or that the board has often complained about GSN's overuse of the same seasons of older shows.

Well, fine. But none of that contradicts my argument: the GSN board would be overjoyed to see hundreds of new eps of classic shows get much more exposure on the network. Which is all I said in my original post, and which is almost trivially true. And with that obvious truth, I'll pronounce last rites on the subject even here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment