Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pacesetter

A few reviewers on the web have complained about the slow pace of the quizzer segments on 101 Ways To Leave A Game Show. Normally I'm a pace guy myself. I like game shows to move along briskly, and I get antsy when the drama-build wastes too many minutes.

I couldn't take the glacial pace of Million Dollar Money Drop, for instance, and apparently I wasn't alone. Which is why the very sloooooowwwwwwwwwwww quizzer has vanished. And I have to admit the questions and answers don't exactly fly back and forth on 101 Ways.

But there's also a lot more going on than just some money falling down a hole, which was Money Drop's only claim to action. The ejections on 101 Ways keep rolling, flying, launching, exploding, plummeting and screaming along, even if the Q&A isn't rapid-fire. Which is the real point of this brainless show, of course, not answering some silly little questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment