Thursday, November 24, 2011

BuzzerBlog meets the hoofers

I've posted a lot of faux tweets today and I'm about ready to abandon blogging for turkey. The drumsticks taste better, after all. But I can't resist one more post about the ruckus over GSN acquiring Dancing With the Stars. My blogging confrere Alex Davis at BuzzerBlog reacted to the news on his twitter feed.

I already wrote a faux tweet about this, but I might as well give the full story. (Disclaimer: Alex has said some less than complimentary things about me, which may indicate he's no fool.) From my comments on the GSN Schedule board...

BuzzerBlog's Alex Davis does provide some humor on the subject. Part of it is unintentional, but nobody's perfect. He tweets: "Are the laughable hysterics over GSN picking up Dancing With the Stars over? Can I come out of hiding? I think I'm safe."

You're safe, Alex. But earlier he got a little grumpy over the situation, though I had to smile. Another poster commented: "I remember when GSN showed reruns of The Amazing Race and The Mole - I'd far prefer that, of course." Alex tweeted in response: "The old ladies that watch GSN don't. You and I aren't what GSN cares about."

Cry me a river. Alex did have an interesting suggestion: "Given the Dancing news, if I were GSN I'd consider making some sort of Dancing talk show if they could. Works with other cablers."

I dunno, I think GSN's viewers are more interested in competition than talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment