Sunday, November 13, 2011

Dumb

The blogroll includes a link to my guilty pleasure, Game Show Garbage. And my guiltiest pleasure on the site is "Dumb Answer of the Week."

This week the dumb answer comes from The Price is Right contestant Stephanie. She priced a nice outdoor furniture set and grill at a ridiculously low number. As the site ungallantly observes, she apparently thought the show had time-traveled back to pre-inflation days.

I can enjoy this as much as anybody. After all, I'm not the dumb contestant whose goof is being immortalized (or at least Internet-ed). But wimpy old me can't help feeling a little sympathy for Stephanie and all those other less than brilliant contestants.

It's the but-for-the-grace-of-God syndrome. That could be me up there making a fool of myself on national TV. Just like Weird Al in I Lost on Jeopardy...only for real. Oh well, I'm not filling out any applications for game shows any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment