Friday, January 13, 2012

Another new game show

Lots of networks have lots of time to fill. And game shows are cheap. So surprise, surprise, we've been getting a bunch of new game show announcements lately. Now Oprah wants in on the act. Did I ever mention that I'm not a big Oprah fan? I'm not even a little Oprah fan. I know she's worried to death about that. No matter, her OWN cable outlet has greenlighted Are You Normal, America?

Well, hey, that's an easy question for me. Nobody has ever accused me of being close to normal. But the show does things "scientifically" by taking some of those famous polls to decide if contestants are normal or...I dunno, abnormal or something. There's also "a jury of real Americans, man-on-the-street polling, real life situations shot in the field and in-studio demonstrations."

All this normality is creeping me out a little. The show is from Zoo productions (5th Grader, Lingo, Family Game Night). No word yet on host or debut date. OWN had a rocky first year but may be getting some traction now that Oprah is doing original shows herself for the network. "Slowly finding its feet after a shaky first year," is how Variety puts it.

No comments:

Post a Comment