Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Star Wars Y-wings with improved paintjob

I had to improve the paintjob a bit more, as I mentioned at the end of my Y-wing review I forgot that the cockpit of the Y-wings are usually white with a color tactical marking. So I added the white paint to the Y-wing cockpit and think the miniature looks damn good now and I'm very happy I spent 20 minutes on this quick improvement.

Vallejo paints, which I'm using, really stick well to the pre-painted surface of the FFG factory paintjob. You can actually use it as an undercoat if you want to make a full re-paint of your miniatures. I'm very happy with the quality of the paintjob on all other model's I have bought so far so I will not bother doing anything unless with the rest.

You can compare this to the factory paintjob that I got on these two right here below:

No comments:

Post a Comment