Thursday, August 25, 2011

Schedule blatherings

Today I was going to write a little paean of praise to Meredith for her ten Millionaire years. But I'll save that for tomorrow. Instead, I'll repost my quick and dirty from the GSN Schedule board on the weekday moving and shaking.



Averages for Thursday 8/18 were 345K/237K prime time/total day. Mornings and late nights were blah and pulled down the total day average. Kind of odd to see 9:30PM Newlywed Game, 7:00PM Love Triangle, 6:30PM Newlywed Game, 8:30PM Lingo, 2:30PM Chain Reaction, and 9:00PM Newlywed Game all in the top ten. Those slots are gone on the new schedule! Six out of the top ten. I hope GSN knows what they're doing. Okay, only Wendy disappears completely. But still...



Other poster: I think the new schedule will be fine.



Regis and Howie are old reliables and will probably do okay. But prime time really wasn't the problem once Drew and Wendy got ejected.



Late night was the real stinker thanks to Drew. He's two-thirds gone but his midnight slot, one of the worst performing on the entire schedule, remains. Yeah, I know it's an expensive show. GSN wants to give it every chance. But I think Improv-a-Ganza has to depart completely.



Early fringe and post-2:00PM afternoon were also not particular trouble spots, but GSN has messed around with them. Okay, Wendy probably deserved to leave, though she occasionally got decent ratings. But a four-a-day for Baggage? I dunno, the numbers haven't been all that great lately.



The pre-2:00PM schedule generally hasn't performed very well, either, but it's completely untouched. Seems like GSN spent most of the time bashing around parts of the schedule that weren't doing so bad. I mean, most of their top ten got shoved around! They did improve late night, though not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment