Monday, August 29, 2011

Swedish SoTR tournament part III

The SoTR tournament came and went, I think everyone had a good time. I was completely exhausted but still had a great time, all my 4 battles were very suspensefull. The victories were close and the defeats were close as well - I prefer that experience to being crushed or crush the opponent. I will post battle reports of my 4 battles in a day or two, still have a ton of pictures to sort and edit.


In the meantime here are the highlights of the tournament.



1st place Viktor / "Sikil"
with his UK paratrooper platoon. He was also the one to achieve "most victory points" as well as "most deadly player" badges on his award sheet.



2nd place Peter / "Holma"
with his US A.P.E. platoon


3rd place went to Erik "Defender of Sweden"
with his Swedish partisans (really well earned)

Our "best painted" was a new feature for this year, and we made it separate from the rest of the tournament as such that you paid a small extra fee if you wanted to be included and if you didn't want to take part in the competition you didn't have to. Though everyone attending had 1 vote  that could spend. I won the best painted with my US Armoured infantry platoon. Though as I was took part as a "filler" in the competition I gave away my price to Viktor/"Sikil" since we had talked about the use of the model I won for SoTR and he had some pretty cool ideas.

The "Sportsmanship award" was split between myself and David / "Kungkola", we each got our own little AT43 mech :-)







Rankings from 1st to 12th

1 UK Paratroopers Viktor/"Sikil"
2 US APE Peter/"Holma"
3 Swedish Partisans Erik/"Defender of Sweden"
4 German mech grenadiers David/"Kungkola"
5 UK rifle platoon Mats/"Figur"

6 UK rifle platoon Marcus /"Knarloc"/"Birre"
7 Soviet Survivor Anton "Naymari"
8 US AI Platoon Alexander /"Anatoli"
9 Siberian Subhuman platoon Daniel/"HarmlessDecoy"
10 Soviet Survivor Jonas/"Pelto"
11 Soviet mech platoon Calle/"Millmir"
12 US AI platoon Jesper




Pictures of all the remaining armies (well except for Pelto's Survivors, sorry Pelto but you probably had not deployed them yet when I went my round to take pictures...).



The player matchups for the 2 day tournament can be seen below:



And here's a bucketload of pictures from day 2 of all the  battles going on (still saved pretty much all the pictures from my own 4 battles for the battle reports that I will post later on).


No comments:

Post a Comment